How To Register with USC Rugby Club
Fair Play Vouchers
Round 4 of the FairPlay Vouchers closes on 17th March 2021 (or earlier if allocation exhausted) – this scheme (formerly known as the Get Started voucher) is provided by the Queensland State Government to assist parents, carers or guardians with the cost of sport & active recreation (membership/registration fees etc). Vouchers are valued up to $150; and there is a limit of 1 voucher per child per calendar year. If you are successful in obtaining a FairPlay voucher, it can be used towards your child’s registration fees. To check if your family is eligible go to the following webpage:https://www.qld.gov.au/recreation/sports/funding/fairplay
Re-Registering via the Xplorer App
You can re-register using the Rugby Xplorer App, please check whether there are updates for the APP before attempting to register, as we have had a few people complain about errors when they were using an outdated version of the Rugby Xplorer App.
Rugby Australia has launched a new Sign-on platform named RUGBY Xplorer which will be new for everyone wishing to register.
1 For all players, non-playing members, club admins and rugby fans to activate your new Rugby Xplorer account firstly you need to start by going to https://myaccount.rugby.com.au
2. Once there enter the email you registered with.
3. IF FOUND- click "email me a magic link"
4. Open your email and click "magic link"
5. Enter your new password
6. Click "confirm"
7. Enter your email again
8. Click "sign in manually"
9. Email address will re-populate, enter your password
10. Click "sign in"
11. You will be directed to the participant portal and can edit/update details in "My Dashboard" as required
12. Junior and Girls 7s REGISTRATION ENSURE SEARCH THE CLUB NAME OF: "UNIVERSITY OF THE SUNSHINE COAST RUFC- JUNIORS"
13.SENIOR REGISTRATION ENSURE SEARCH THE CLUB NAME OF: "UNIVERSITY OF THE SUNSHINE COAST RUFC- SENIORS"
IF EMAIL NOT FOUND DURING SIGN UP...
1. IF YOUR NOT FOUND, click "sign me up"
2. Enter your details to create a rugby account
3. Open your email and click "magic link"
4. Enter new password
5. Click 'confirm"
6. Enter your email
7. Click "sign up manually"
8. Email address will re-populate, enter password
9. Click "sign in"
10. You will be directed to the participant portal and can edit/update any details on "My Dashboard" as required
11. FOR JUNIOR REGISTRATION ENSURE YOU SEARCH THE CLUB NAME OF: "UNI OF THE SUNSHINE COAST JRC"
12. FOR SENIOR REGISTRATION ENSURE YOU SEARCH THE CLUB NAME OF: "UNIVERSITY OF THE SUNSHINE COAST RUFC"
Download the RUGBY Xplorer App.
"FAIR PLAY" VOUCHERS
- Register online as per instructions above
Your registration fee includes all of the following items and services during the season:
- Sunshine Coast Junior Rugby Union affiliation fees
- QRU fee
- ARU fee
- SCRU fee
- Player Insurance
- Facility fees including grounds maintenance, lights for training, medical officers on game day
- Referees on game day
- Coaches/trainers courses
- First Aid Courses
- Break up day
- Use of USC game jerseys
- 3 development round games
- 16 season games
- 20 weeks of training (once or twice a week)
Online Payment – It is mandatory that you pay online and you will be receipted immediately.
- If you are using FAIR PLAY GOVERNMENT VOUCHERS please follow the steps below:
-Sign up online and pay the full amount as required
Once registered you will receive club shorts and socks as part of your registration. Rugby boots (you are allowed metal studs and plastic studs, but metal ones need to be a maximum of 17mm in length). Mouth guards are mandatory for playing games and required to be taken to trainings for minor contact drills. Head gear and shoulder pads are worn by some players, but is optional. Rugby jerseys are provided by the club – please be prepared to take the team jersey’s home for washing when it is your rostered turn! There are also other club apparel items available for purchase, either at sign-on/registration day, via the apparel officer, or sometimes when USC rugby club is hosting a weekend round there will be an apparel table set up. Looking for second hand boots? Post your requirements on our Facebook page, likewise if your child has grown out of their old ones, why not consider on selling them via our Facebook page?
For all parents and players, we provide you with the following link for full details of the Insurance Cover that is included within your registration. The website shows:
- what your player insurance covers
- how you can claim
- a copy of the Claim Form (Important Documents link)